Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Capture This, Photoblog
Here is a gorgeous Photoblog by Laurie. After 25 years and now that her kids are older, she has rediscovered the wonders of photography. She is new at digital photography so if any of our pros have any hints for her be sure to visit and pass them on! Although she is new, don't let that fool you - she has an eye for beauty and has captured the essence in many of her photos.

Her photos feature beautiful architecture, flowers and wildlife - wonderfully captured in a moment of time to keep forever. I'll will admit that I favor many of her photos because she is from my home state of NJ. Many of her wonderful scenery shots are of many of my favorite and mostly missed places.

Not to mention, she can capture CLOUDAGE! Yes, I love the many different aura's that we see in our heavens each day. Each morning we're awakened with an entire new picture. I absolutely love cloudage!! Even storm clouds.

Thank you Laurie for sharing your gorgeous shots and letting us see through your eyes the beauty in everything that you see. -Mix
posted by Margaret @ 8:53 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Laurie said…

    I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you. I am very flattered.

    Laurie

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I've been homesick and it was really great to see some familiar scenes. Thank you Laurie! =O)

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Laurie said…

    I always loved NJ unfortunately, it's not what it used to be. Overdevelopment of what little open space we had, too outrageously expensive to live here, and corruption everywhere has really taken it's toll.

    My oldest son will be moving to Ft. Benning in Georgia from Arizona sometime in August it looks like and we will likely be helping him move the stuff he left here down there. So we will be there to visit your neck of the woods while we help move him.

    I have not spent much time in GA, usually just pass through, I am looking forward to a peak around.

    What part of South Jersey are you from? I am from (east) Central Jersey. The one thing about Jersey is the entire state is easily accessible and has such variety, at least what's left.

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    I lived outside of Hammonton near the Protected Pine Barrens. Over development is an issue there also as well as cost of living. My family are still there and each time I go to visit I notice something was torn down, built up or taken away. =O(

    Jon's family is in NH which is also suffering much of the same. When we drive up that way we now take the scenic route up 206 to 84 east in NY state then 91 North from Hartford Conn. I will never ever drive through the concrete jungles ever again.

    Ga is gorgeous, very big and diverse. I love the Mountains as much as here in Savannah along the shore. (Whoops, they don't say "shore" down here.) LOL!

    You'll have many photo ops while here. Gosh, you may even want to move here like I did! Ga has Pine Barrens also so I don't feel so misplaced. Most of all it is the people of the South that make all the difference.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

About Me

Current Winners

Past Winners

Previous Posts

Archives

Subscribe

Weblog Visitors

Affiliates




Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Office Depot, Inc



LinkShare  Referral  Prg

Lillian Vernon Online

TigerDirect

Template Doctored by:
Coastal Data Enterprises



Enter Your Site in the Current Contest!
Name:
Email:
URL:

Click Here to Enter Mix-Pix Blogger Awards Contest at www.mixpixawards.blogspot.com